One nice thing about roulette is that it’s one of the easier casino games to play – especially at online casinos. But you also have to realize that roulette isn’t exactly like slots, where you bet your money, and simply push a button/click a mouse to play. Instead, you have to consider the different betting options available, and where you can place your bets. With this being said, here is a detailed look at the rules of roulette.
– You can make bets on any single number available on the board, and all of the options are laid out within a numbered grid on the roulette table. If you were playing European roulette, you would have 37 single numbers to bet on; in American roulette, there are 38 available numbers to bet on.
– It’s also possible to place bets on a line (split bet, two numbers) or corner (corner bet, four numbers) within the numbered grid. If you do this, you’re betting that the roulette ball will land somewhere on this small pocket of numbers. Single number, corner, street bets (three numbers, placed at edge of line) and six line bets (six numbers, placed between two streets) are all considered “inside bets” because they’re inside the numbered grid.
– In addition to single number bets, players can also make “outside” bets, or those outside of the numbered grid of a roulette table. These encompass much larger sections of the roulette wheel, such as low bets (numbers 1-18), high bets (numbers 19-36), odd (all odd numbers), even (all even numbers) and column bets (listed under “2 to 1”).
– The payout for each bet is slightly less than its chances of winning. Column bets are the only wagers that directly list the bet’s payout (2 to 1), while you need to look up all of the other bet payouts.
– Players can place bets immediately after the dealer clears the table of previous bets. In land-based casino roulette, players can place bets up until the time when the ball begins its decent onto the numbered slots; at this time, the dealer will announce no more bets.
– The dealer determines all winning and losing bets once the ball comes to a rest in one of the numbered slots. Players cannot touch their chips when the dealer is determining winners/losers.
– Casinos set minimum and maximum betting amounts at the roulette table. In addition to this, players are issued different colored chips so that the dealer can keep track of everything, and players normally tell the dealer what denomination they want their chips to be (i.e. $5, $10, etc.).